Maths tutoring is a really effective way to boost mathematical understanding and root out any misconceptions. I believe all students have the ability to ‘get’ maths and often those who are struggling lack self-confidence. For this reason, I prefer to start by concentrating on topics which students are stronger at: building confidence, gaining a deeper understanding and an appreciation of problem solving techniques before moving onto topics in which they are weaker.
I can provide:
- Exam preparation including:
- assessment via past papers
- revision techniques
- exam strategy
- Short term assistance with a particular topic
- Help with homework
- Ongoing support aligned with the school curriculum
- Fun recreational maths to stimulate interest and reinforce what’s learnt at school
My recommendations are:
- Sessions should last no longer than 1 hour,
- Sessions should be weekly for the period required,
- Students should be prepared to do a problem sheet in their own time to reinforce what was learnt in the tutoring session.
Levels & Exams
I teach the following levels:
- foundation and higher GCSE
- Free Standing Maths Qualification FSMQ
- transition from GCSE to A-level
- AS and A-Level
I charge £20/hour at my home in Southville, Bristol.
Do contact me to discuss your requirements.